Monday, April 6, 2009

Brief Recap

Conference this weekend was great! Loved listening to the Prophet and getting guidance. I am so grateful for the instruction the Lord sends us. I loved the spirit that we feel when we hear these servants of the Lord speak.

I did make my 200 cookies. Actually, I made them last weekend. But I don't have pictures OR a video. Why? Mostly because my kiddos (and thier friends) ATE the dang things faster than I could make them. I would leave the kitchen for one second and the batch I just pulled from the oven was G.O.N.E. They were like ants at a picnic, carrying off food. And, making 200 cookies was no where near as fun as I thought it would be. I do have video of the selection process but now that it is all said and done, it just kind of seems pointless to me. :) So let it be known, the kids chose for me to make 200 cookies. I made the cookies. The kids ate the cookies. No more cookies.

Lastly, Hubby has started his own blog -- it's five minutes old. I hope he keeps it up because not only is he a great hubby, father, LMFT, but he is also a great writer! So take a second and check it out. It is the Square Root of Family.

3 comments:

Diane said...

I am so happy you enjoyed your weekend conference so much! It is a precious thing to be in the presence of the Holy Spirit and to learn at His knee.

I did check out Tim's blog. He is a fantastic writer! I plan to follow his blog as well. Thanks for giving us the 'heads up'!

Have a great week!

Diane

Fiauna said...

Hubby with a blog, huh? I'll have to check it out. My brother and father both have blogs, but they don't keep them up. Actually, my father has two blogs. He's a great writer and I wish he had the time and energy to keep it updated.

On another note, If I made 200 cookies I think they'd be gone in one day, easy. The problem is, I would probably eat 100 of them by myself.

That Girl said...

Amen to your husband being a great writer - I'm off to check it out right now.

Wow, I'm so IN.

Also - feel free to make 200 cookies for my anytime. I'm self-sacrificing enough to eat them. Just for you.