Friday, May 15, 2009

Blog Management

So a while ago, I had to do a hard thing and cut back on the blogs I follow. I decided to take everybody off I didn’t know personally, with the exception of about 6 people… That makes A LOT of blogs to keep up on. My comments for others have been dwindling because, let’s face it, as fun as blogging is, it just doesn’t replace those hugs and kisses you get from your kids. And I don’t want my kids hanging out at my side for attention while I comment on someone’s blog I have never met. So, I cut back… on blogs I follow and on comments I make.


But I kept thinking about a post I read a while ago about managing your subscriptions on Google Reader. I didn’t even know you could manage them…


Well, this awesome blogger, gave me a great idea. So, following the Goddess’s example, I have sorted my favorite blogs into folders for days of the week. Some of you I will be visiting on Monday, some on Tuesday, others on Wednesday and so forth.


Now, I hope to enjoy all of your blogs AND my kids… (maybe I can even add back a couple of those blogs :))


Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay...show me how to do that...my oldest dd swears by Google stuff!

Jen said...

Huh! I didn't know you could put them into folders either. Yes, please do share your secret! I totally understand what you mean about keeping up on everyone's blogs. I had to cut back drastically and the funny thing is, when I cut back, people cut back on mine too. I guess the bloggy world is a give-n-take society. You gotta give to receive. You are right to prioritize and make family first!

heather said...

Awe. Thanks for the shout out and thanks for calling me an awesome blogger. :) So sweet. And it's been working out really well for me. You are in a Wednesday folder, but I have some extra time today so I'm reading Wednesday's up-dates today. The one thing I've noticed though is that I comment WAY less than I used to, which obviously means I don't get as many comments, but that's okay too. Enjoy your Google Reader!

Anonymous said...

hey, I was doing that exact thing before this RSS feed. LOL too funny!

so what day is mine? LOL

Just SO said...

Very cool. I should do that.

in time out said...

This is awesome. I get what you are saying...I have had to cut back as well...hope it is going well for you.

...I am posting SEVEN wordless wednesday, on SATURDAY!!!....play along...can you guess. starting at 9am....every hour...♥

Diane said...

Well, thank you to both you and the goddess!! This is an excellent idea! I too have been struggling with time management. I don't have the children, but I do have other things that need my attention. I will be working on this idea for my own use! Thanks again!

Many hugs......

Diane

pan x 8 said...

I totally know how you feel, I was getting a little overwhelmed as well - still am but being new I figure I can find some tricks that might work for me!

Good Luck and I hope to see you at my spot sometime!

Laurie said...

Smart!!