Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 9, 4th of July!!!

We went through a variety of choices of what to do today. We had thought about taking a train to one of the beaches, nearby where we were staying, for the fireworks. But when we woke up this morning, DH and I both felt like it was time to head home. It could have been that B being awake all night influenced that decision. So now we are bringing our trip to a close.

I sure love my little family – I love making memories. I go out of my mind most the time because each one of these children has a steady will and strong spirit. But that is the way I want them. That is what they need for the tough days we live in now.

We pulled a 13 hour drive day, the longest yet. After catching a spattering of fireworks along the way, we pulled over at a Wal-Mart and settled in for an uneventful night.

No comments: