Saturday, May 28, 2011

Butterflies

Back in 2007 I got this crazy creative spell. Ms. Princess was moving into her "big girl" room and, being my first girl, I wanted her room done right. Now, I am not an artist by any means, but sometimes I like to pretend.

So, I spent a week straight making her room pretty and hand painting butterflies all over her pale pink room. I loved it and she loved it. Here are the pictures I took back then...


 

 



Well, we moved in 2009 and her room has been rather plain. Often she would talk about wanting butterflies in her room. But, what she didn't understand is that those little creative streaks are like lightening... they only strike once.

Recently, I decided that her little purple room had been plain long enough. However, I just couldn't get into "the zone." So, I did the next best thing. Amazon.

It took me a couple hours to put up the stickers and assemble a new little desk for her (to keep her artistic mess at bay) Below are the results... and Ms. Princess's reaction.






I think I am OK with vinyl stickers and I think she is too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHH so sweet! makes me miss my girlies being little! We had a desk like that...Lydia loved it!

That Girl said...

I wanted to see more of the room!

(Love the desk, though - and her reaction!)