Monday, October 18, 2010

Moments


There are moments. A few moments here and there. Lovely moments that make me remember what life is all about.

They don’t happen often. A life with five children gets a little crazy. But they do happen.

Little moments when all the children are getting along, hubby is humming a song and I am not "PMSed". Those are wonderful moments.
Small snippets of eternity when I watch a child giggle with glee while being tickled by an older sibling. Frozen breaths of time when I hear whispers between brothers about creating a secret language. Glimpses of Heaven as my sweet family reads the sacred Word of God or kneels in prayer.

There are those times when I try to inhale the sweetness of the moment.

Because, for just a short time, I remember that I am deeply in love with my husband. I remember that my children are really the coolest children around. And I remember why I wanted to be a mom in the first place.

Those are the moments I live for. The moments I love.

2 comments:

Just SO said...

Those small moments really are what it's all about aren't they.

Huston Family said...

Glad you're back to blogging. Missed ya! Love those moments...makes it all worth it!