Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things I know...

I have some hesitation in sharing this post with the blogging world. However, I awoke this morning with the distinct feeling I needed to post my thoughts – if only for myself. There are some details that are too personal, too intimate to share. But, because this blog is first and foremost a chronicle of my life, I would be amiss if I didn’t share the things that are in my heart this morning.


I have mentioned that our family is experiencing some trials. One of the hardest trials I think we have ever faced. Hubby and I have spent a lot of time on our knees pleading for guidance and help. I don’t know if this trial is over. I don’t know what trials lay ahead. But I do know, with all my heart, that the Lord, our Heavenly Father, loves us.

I know there is power in prayer. I tend to wear my feelings on my sleeve, well both sleeves actually, and pant legs and pockets… I don’t hold much back from people. Because of that, there are a lot of people who are praying for us right now. I can feel it. I am strengthened and sustained by the Divine Influence that supports our family, through their prayers.

There is power in the Holy Temple of God. I have been able to recognize this from an early age. And I can not deny it now. I know when that power is combined with true prayer, it is multiplied. I know, that by having our dear boy being prayed for – daily, frequently, sincerely – he is strengthened. We are strengthened.

I know that there are guardian angels watching over my family. I like to believe they are those in our family who have passed on ahead of us. Those with whom we have special ties. I like to believe that my parents and hubby’s grandparents are doing all they can to lift, protect and buoy those I love.

I know there is a mantle placed upon good, regular men that takes them from “ordinary” to God’s sacred servants. That the Bishop, being dedicated to the Lord, can turn those Keys he is given, in behalf of my family. That the words and comfort he offers can sustain and guide if we will heed them.

I am ever convinced that I am entirely inadequate as a parent. I can not do this enormous task given to me – not without help; sustaining help from my Heavenly Father. My sweet family is daily proof that it takes a village to raise a child. Without caring teachers, church leaders, friends, relatives and God Himself, my family would fail – miserably. My heart overflows with gratitude for those who have become our “village” and who offer their love and support.

I know, without a doubt, that Heavenly Father is aware of me and my family. He knows each of His children intimately and I am so grateful to be called “His”.

I know that this is the True and Living Gospel upon the earth. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in its fullness. We are led by a living Prophet of God. The Lords truth is on the earth. Those who struggle, wonder or feel despair, only need to embrace its truthfulness. Because it is here. All of it. The WHOLE Gospel of Christ. It is there for all those who desire to know more about it.

Thanks for letting me share these feelings with you. Have a happy day.