Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am really REALLY glad we aren't THAT far away...

Just exactly how is a person supposed to say good-bye? You would think after all the times I moved as a kid, I would have figured it out. Still, I sit here, thinking about all those who have touched my life the last eight years, and I realize that my “good-bye” was entirely inadequate.


As my mind reviews the past few years, I find myself smiling and crying from the memories of a loving neighborhood and ward. I see the Lord’s wisdom in directing us to such a place. And my heart fills with love for all those we physically left ten miles behind.


People who touched my life without even trying – or knowing it. From a Friend crying with me on my couch to Friends scrubbing my tile floor on hands and knees, I had people influence my life on a daily basis. From the Combined Singing Voices in church to the gentle guidance of Leaders, my heart was touched by people just trying to live righteously. Whether it was the Beat-The-Odds survivor or Laugh-at-Adversity Friend, I gained strength. I was often brought to tears by the Tender-hearted Huggers and humbled by the sincere comments of Little Ones.

Since I was a young child, I have heard how we are supposed to live our lives as Christ would. But in the last few years I have actually witnessed real people doing this very thing; doing all they can to be true disciples of Jesus Christ. Living as Witnesses to His Name and acting as instruments in His Hands. A person can’t help being affected by people like this.

And I certainly was affected. My life will never be the same. And I am so glad.

To all those who were a part of my everyday life over the last few years, I love you. I am so grateful the Lord brought you into my life. I hope I can apply all you have taught me over the last few years and lift those around me, as you have lifted me.

Now we are settling into our new home and I hope that you will not hesitate to pay a visit. I love you. We love you. Thank you.




Our New Home Sweet Home

7 comments:

Unknown said...

did you move already? I was just wondering about that the other day...yes I wonder about my blogger friends when in my real life! lol

It seems just like yesterday when you announced you were moving! I love your new home! Congrats...

I am going to be doing something I think is cool on my blog in the next couple days.. come check it out...

Beth said...

I want to know where do you find freinds that scrub floors with you?! That's what I call a real friend, LOL Your house is beautiful! Going to give us a sneak peek inside? ;)

Jillene said...

Your house is GORGEOUS!! And it is such a blessing to have a Ward Family. The service that people give is always so uplifting to me. It sounds like you had a great Ward Family!!

S'mee said...

I don't know why, but I keep hearing the theme from "The Jeffersons" in my head...: )

Emmy said...

Wow, your new home looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

wow on teh home, from the outside it looks amazing. have fun!

Fiauna said...

Your house is gorgeous. I'm so happy for you.