Friday, May 29, 2009

Close Call

I have a cell phone so I can be informed on important matters regarding my family and home.

The school nurse will call when a child is sick. Hubby will call while I am at the store to remind me to pick something up. Occasionally we will get calls from a child informing us that one of his brothers is beating the worms out of him.

Thankfully, I have never been called by the children with a terribly urgent message.

Until tonight.

J was babysitting. He was home with two awake younger brothers and a sleeping B. He called only a few minutes after I was gone. The tone in his voice was unmistakably tense. He sounded like he was going to cry and I worried if everyone was OK.

This was his "emergency" he called me with as the three boys were trying to get ready for bed.

"Mom, R went over to his friends house today and didn't wear shoes. So his feet got really dirty. Now his feet stink so bad and I can't breathe. Can you please tell him to wash his feet?"

Yup. That was it.

And OH BOY was it urgent! I have been called for a lot of things, but nothing like this before.

Thankfully, R washed his feet per my instructions and the three boys settled down for a good nights rest, free of foul odors.

Whew!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Phewwww I mean pewwwwwwww! Thank Goodness it was nothing worse!

Emmy said...

Glad the emergency was solved! :)

Heatherly said...

Boys ... that is so funny.

Anonymous said...

LOL! sounds like my dishwasher emergency this week LMBO

glad all is well and smells better :)

Diane said...

Oh that all their life's emergencies would be that simple to handle! Praying they will, both for their benefit and for yours!

Love you!

Diane

Jill said...

Hey, bad smells can reach threat level red around our house sometimes too, and it IS an emergency!

Cat said...

LoL -- kids are so funny! To mine the worst thing that can happen is I'm not getting them a snack fast enough. Or Heaven forbid I have to microwave their food when they are starving! Life can be so hard...

Found ya on MMB.

pan x 8 said...

Don't you loves the "urgent" calls!! I love it.. and to him it probably was the biggest emergency because I have 3 little boys too and I know how foul it can get!!! ;p

Shawni said...

That sounds like my kids tonight! Man, sometimes there are quite urgent emergencies!

Fiauna said...

Whew! Problem solved. Good thing, too. No one could possibly survive a night with stinky feet! ; )

Simple Stitches AZ ~ Rachelle S. said...

I hope you don't ever get a real "serious call". I have a few times & it's always when I'm at a PTSO meeting. I usually ignore the call because a couple of my girls calls for every little thing (like your story) or "C won't let me have some Cheerio's", "I can't find the remote", or the most famous "When are you going to be home?".

The first time it was my youngest (at age 2) broke his arm, because S (7yo son) pushed him off the chair. My husband was at work, but luckily, since I ignored the call he came in the door shortly after it happened. The next time (PTSO meeting again), M (9 yo daughter) pushed C (5 yo son) into the wall & he split his lip open pretty bad. Then, you guessed it I was at yet another PTSO meeting & C (5 yo son again) gets pushed into the wall by S (7 yo son) & splits his head open. These are their ages now & most of these thing happend 2-1/2 to 3 years ago. Poor C, you'd think his siblings were out to get him. I don't ignore the calls anymore!!!

Tina ♥ said...

Too cute! I seriously love the things kids say and think.

Laurie said...

Those must have been some pretty stinky feet.

Jen said...

Haha! What would we do without cell phones so our kids can call us up and complain about their siblings stinky feet! Classic!