Monday, February 16, 2009

A Gallon of Milk, Baby!!!

I have been packing around some extra weight... In fact, if I were to translate it into gallons of milk... here is what I have extra!




That's FIVE and a HALF gallons of milk -- Am I nuts? I wouldn't strap this to my belt on any sane day so what is my problem?


Well, as an added bonus of my sugar strike, I have dropped this:


That's a GALLON of Milk, BABY!!! In just over a month.

Gives you a little insight to how much junk I was eating. Gross!

Anyway, Here's your challenge! How many gallons can the blogging world drop this year? At least 5 here!

Post your extra gallons on your blog (really, it will help me feel better) and join with me in marking down your weight loss.

Now, for those of you who don't have extra gallons -- well, just go eat a twinkie!

Wish me luck!! And let me know if you are going to drop your extra gallons.

BTW, you can track my progress at the VERY bottom of this page...

***UPDATE*** A gallon of milk weighs about 8.5 pounds!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Cool! I'm so posting "a gallon of milk, baby.

Erin said...

That's a cute idea. I know I hate having to carry four gallons of milk into my house at the same time :) This is a fun way to track it.

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best... I am having a horrible time this past week accepting that I might not ever be able to lose my gallons b/c of my thryoid. I only have 4 gallons but would love 6 gallons to be dropped, so it does my hear good to see that healthy lifestyle choices do help other people :)

Tami said...

YAY YOU!! How much does a gallon of milk weigh anyway? I guess I could go look, but that means I'd have to get up from my comfy chair. No wonder I have a few gallons of milk myself that I need to lose! Too much BLOGGING--not enough JOGGING~ :)

Jen said...

What a great idea! I'm packing on about an extra 7 gallons of milk with me. Oye! I'm excited you lost 1 gallon of milk! Kudos.

queenbee4 said...

what a great way to look at it! I need to lose a few gallons too... I'm prolly gonna have to steal this.

nikkicrumpet said...

Hmmmm how much does a gallon of milk weigh? I can't do gallon to pound conversion because I'm a dope. And for me...it would probably just be easier to count it in cows than in milk gallons anyway. I'm about a cow and a half over weight. I need a LOT of help Only those in severe mental distress and questionable emotional stability need send questions :(

Connie said...

And to think that I'm fixin' to give birth to a gallon of milk! After she-gallon is born, I'd love to lose about 7 more gallons ...realistic? Perhaps, but it'll be great to try! I'm having a hard time not eating sweets...maybe I'll give your sweet-strike a try for the month of March. I'll blog about it, so check in! :D Thanks for the fantastic inspiration!

Sarah and Scott said...

I love this Kathy. You are hilarious. I hope to lose a gallon by August.