Monday, February 23, 2009

Attention Children of the World

The following items do NOT belong in laundry baskets or in the washing machine!

  1. Legos
  2. Dinosaurs
  3. Little People
  4. Rocks
  5. Sand
  6. Sticks
  7. Flowers
  8. Homework
  9. Belts
  10. Ties
  11. Shoes
  12. Video games
  13. Watches
  14. Cell phones
  15. Bandaids
  16. Batmobiles
  17. K-nex
  18. Books
  19. DS systems
  20. iPods
  21. Kleenex
  22. Dirty Diapers (that is Dirty with a capital D)
  23. Food wrappers
  24. Light sabers
  25. Crayons
  26. Markers
  27. Pens
  28. Mystery clothes belonging to people outside your home
  29. Kettle Corn
  30. Blankets that are used only once to warm feet during morning scriptures
  31. Tape dispensers
  32. Plastic forks
  33. Gummy Snacks
  34. And anything else that is not made of cloth.

    Additionally, under no circumstances are clothes to be dumped back into the laundry baskets simply because you do not want to put them away in your drawers.

    Your careful attention to this matter will ease your mother’s burdens and you just might get more cookies. Maybe.

7 comments:

Ed said...

I can tell B isn't old enough for this yet or it would top of your list CHAP STICK or the like. Ruins everything.

That Girl said...

Ha! I might print this off and tape it to the washing machine.

... too bad my kids can't read yet...

Becky said...

Wow! You thought of everything.

Kettle corn... really?

Heidi said...

I seriously considered making this a weekly entry on my blog "What's in your laundry basket?" It's true. All kinds of treasures and not so great treasures (ref#22-EEWWWW!). Hopefully most of those were found BEFORE the cycle ran.
My 4 year old boy likes to put his clothes away under his bed and his sister's crib. Hey, they are put away cuz mom can't see them. I was wondering why he had no underwear and I SWORE I had just done the load. It's so endless I really thought I was losing it. He's just sneaky. Needs a lot of follow up that one. Ah life skilss...why do we teach the same things over every day????

blogismycopilot said...

I can't believe that crayons weren't FIRST on the list! I think every single item on that list has been found in my hamper too...plus Star Wars action figures.

Jen said...

Lol! Oh how I've been there and washed most of those things! Ewwww.

Fiauna said...

Okay, so you've probably read my post on this issue, but the other day I seriously found 4 apples in a load of laundry as I was taking them from the washer to the drier. That's right, 4 apples almost survived the spin cycle--almost.