Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Comfort Food At Its Finest!!!!

My sister posted this recipe on her blog that she made up for Cheesy Potato Corn Chowder...

IT IS SOOOO GOOD!

And its easy too which always is a plus for my "hate to cook" personality.

Give it a try and tell me how much you loved it!




Cheesy Potato Corn Chowder

3 TBSP butter
½ med. Onion, diced
1 stalk of celery, diced
3 TBSP flour
salt, to taste (I used a pinch of Kosher salt because, well... I watch way too much Alton Brown)
pepper, to taste
1 can corn with juice
1 can chicken stock
2-3 cups milk, as needed
3 med-large potatoes, diced
2 bay leaves (Didn't use these -- what are they for anyway? You can't eat them.)
2-3 cups cheese (Used parmesean, cheddar and mozerella. Maybe I will try swiss next time.)

Melt butter in large soup pan, add onions and cook about 1 minute or until soft (whichever is less), add celery and cook for another minute or so. Add flour and stir until it’s sticking to celery and onions.Cook another minute or so and then add the juice from the can of corn slowly, stirring with each addition so the flour mixture is smooth. Set corn aside. Add chicken broth, slowly stirring until smooth. Add bay leaves, milk, potatoes and corn.Bring to a boil while stirring soup. Turn heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in cheese until all melted.Yummy served in bread bowls.(Best eaten asap, of course, but does well for leftovers and freezing too.)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yummm. That sounds scrumptious! Thanks for sharing. I hope you had a great New Year's day! Hugs to you.

Heatherly said...

I tried this and Clint and Carson loved it! Thank you!I always feel like I'm feeding my family the same thing!