Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The world doesn't stop

How many times have you wished for a break? A little respite from the daily grind. A moment to breathe. A bathroom trip uninterrupted. No matter how many headaches you get, no matter how tired you are and no matter what else is going on; princess's still need to be colored in the coloring books, math problems still need solved, cookie dough needs to be sold, oh -- and did someone mention they were hungry? Dinner still needs to be provided (noticed I didn't say cooked)

After a long day that began at 4:00am and pretty much being completely unproductive, these are the feelings I have tonight. But, I suppose I should put the kids to bed and start another load of laundry.

I am really ready for our vacation next week. No cooking. No cleaning. No expectations.

In the words of my my favorite red head Broadway star, "the sun will come out tomorrow!"

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh I hear you.
I didn't know you were going on vacation?