Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Confessions of a Slacker

Somehow in my effort to help my family eat healthy, a king size Milky Way bar made it's way into my fridge. I didn't buy it, so I knew it must be for one of the kids. Maybe a reward for something.
But there it was, staring me in the face every time I opened the fridge. I did what any good mother would do. I got rid of it. After all, I couldn't have my kids eating that. How would that help them? How could they break bad habits and get healthy with that chocolate temptation right there in the fridge.

So, I carefully took the offending bar upstairs and unwrapped its delicious chocolateness. Then I went back down stairs. I figured if I had to climb the stairs to eat the candy bar, it wouldn't be so bad, right? Suddenly I was going upstairs more than ever and quickly polished off the treat.

As it turns out, it was actually part of S's homework. Yeah -- I ate my sons homework.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Okay, I'm laughing out loud! You gotta save your kids right? You're so funny--and I love that you took it up the stairs!

Square Root of Family said...

I want to know whether you took the picture of the wrapper before or after you ate it? If it was before, in anticipation of eating it, that is really scary.

Laurie said...

Oh Kathy....what can I say....I do the same thing to keep Gracie from eating naughty stuff.
The sacrafices we make for our children......

S'mee said...

hilarious.